So it was time to translate desires and ideas into some action. We decided to make our contribution to the Clojure community.
For this purpose, it was necessary to understand the current state of the Clojure community, its needs, and its pain points.
Our marketing department has conducted several surveys during 2020-21 years
and gathered a number of insights from Clojure developers. We collected and analyzed practitioners' opinions about Clojure's benefits and issues for understanding community development challenges.
In order to receive feedback, the Freshcode marketing team has interviewed 52 programmers from different parts of the world
. We've asked the following questions:
Here are 5 main steps in our further research process:
- Why do you use Clojure? What are the main reasons for your choice?
- What is the reason for the unpopularity of Clojure?
- What do you see as a solution to the slow development of the Clojure community?
1. Identify the issue
2. Find respondents (using social media or specialized web resources like (Slack communities and others)
3. Make a list of proper questions
4. Conduct a survey/interview
5. Debrief and implement