Hiring individual freelancers is an excellent choice if you have in-house experts that can evaluate the quality of their work or you can perform the technical checks on your own. Due to the advantages of employing freelance developers, you will:
- Get the required results promptly with no strings attached;
- Quickly locate many qualified experts at a freelance marketplace;
- Save the development budget, as the freelancers' rates are low
On the other hand, you will face significant risks. You should be ready for:
- Complete lack of quality and compliance guarantees;
- Missed deadlines, miscommunication, and unmet expectations;
- Troubles with future updates in case the freelancer is occupied with other projects;
- Zero leverage over unconscionable freelancers that fail to meet your requirements.
If you are developing a new project and do not possess the required technical skills or the necessary number of in-house specialists to do the job, hiring an IT offshore company is the best option. This approach is also suited for the development of complex solutions within tight deadlines and further maintenance. If you require expert consultation on project implementation or updates, IT vendors are the right choice. With their cooperation, you will enjoy:
- Guaranteed results;
- Leverage over the vendor should any problems occur;
- Ongoing maintenance of the project after its completion and launch;
- A variety of resources and specialists for the efficient implementation of the project.
On the downside, IT outsourcing companies
have higher rates compared to individual freelancers.
If you realize that your project requires a professional development team, but your budget is tight, check out our previous article
. We have shared the main criteria for selecting an affordable, yet reliable IT vendor.
Was this overview useful? If so, share it on social media and subscribe to FreshCode blog
. We will send the latest IT insights your way, but you can find more helpful tips on our blog right now. If you have more questions on business process outsourcing trends, project management
and all things IT, ask them in the comment section! We are always on the lookout for more exciting topics for our future posts.